Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors
Fundamentals of Engineering(FE) or Surveying Exam(FS)
Before registering with DIDAXIS, all candidates must first register with NCEES to obtain the seven (7) digit Identification Number (ID) and make a payment in the amount of $175.00
- Fill out the official Online Application of the Fundamental Exam for Engineers and Surveyor with DIDAXIS using the DAMS portal and make a payment for the corresponding fees of $215.00 – Fundamental Exam Engineers / $230.00 – Fundamental Exam Surveyors. You will upload all the required documents to your account.
- Meet the following requirements:
- Upload to the portal the payment receipt with the identification number obtained when registering with NCEES.
- Upload to the portal a recent digital photo (less than six-month-old) size 2 x 2 (passport type) scanned in color with a solid background (ex. Light blue or gray) in .jpeg, .jpg or .png format. PDF format is NOT accepted. The photo can be taken by the applicant with his electronic device and upload it to the portal in the space provided. No photo will be accepted with white background, with glasses and caps.
- Send Certified copy of the Diploma, or in its absence, the original, which will be returned by the Board or the Exam Provider, or an original of the Certificate of Graduation. In the case of students who are studying their last academic period of the required degree to take the exam, this requirement may be replaced by certification of the college or university for the purpose of completing the courses in which it is enrolled at the time of the application, he will be a candidate for obtaining his degree: it being understood that, in order to pass the exam, the Certificate Application must be accompanied by a certified copy by the University or School of the corresponding diploma or certificate.
PO BOX 207
SAN GERMAN, PR 00683-0207
- Applicants in the last study period (32 credits or less) can only be admitted to the Fundamental Exam. An official transcript of credits is required as part of the application and another official transcript of credits after conferring the academic degree. Engineering or Surveying final exam grades will not be published until DIDAXIS receives the final transcript. Please click HERE to download and print the form. The Official Transcripts must be sent directly by the academic institution to:
PO BOX 207
SAN GERMAN, PR 00683-0207
- If you completed your studies in an institution outside of Puerto Rico or in the continental United States, you must submit an ABET credential evaluation issued by the only agency authorized by the Board: NCEES.
Importante Notice: The NCEES must send the original evaluation directly to the central offices of the Department of State of Puerto Rico. The candidate must ensure that DIDAXIS receives all documents before the due date.
- The University or College where the student graduated will send directly to DIDAXIS the transcript of the credits approved by the students.
- Upload to the portal a Digital Copy of the Negative Certificate of Criminal Background of the place, city, country, or state of residence. If you are legal resident in Puerto Rico, then click HERE to request a certificate. The certificate is valid for 180 days. Our Board of Examiners accepts the certificate for six months in all their services.
- Upload the form with the list with name, address and phone number of three (3) Engineers or Surveyor, as the case may be, licensed by the Board, with direct and personal knowledge about the moral reputation and professional experience, if any, of the applicant. Please click HERE to download and print the form. These people will be subject to the following:
- They cannot be members of the Board, or relatives of the applicant within the fourth (4th) degree of consanguinity and the second by affinity.
- They must have been informed by the applicant of their inclusion as references.
- They must have their license and valid membership. References from engineers or surveyors whose license is expired or suspended will not be accepted.
If candidates do NOT meet the requirements, the application will NOT be approved, and candidate will NOT be able to take the exam. The candidate must ensure that DIDAXIS receives all documents before the deadline and is responsible for validating that the institution where they studied sent all official academic documentation directly to Didaxis, Inc. at the address provided.
Important: DIDAXIS will not accept photographed documents. Please scan them properly in PDF format. You should read and make sure you meet all the requirements to be able to continue with the application process. If you do not comply with the requirements and issue a payment, DIDAXIS WILL NOT REFUND THE CORRESPONDING FEE.